Mission, Vision, Values, Diversity & Board Information
Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. is a Community Health Center committed to enhancing the quality of life for the people on the Eastern Shore. We seek to serve the needs of the rural community by providing accessible, comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and health services in a caring, professional and safe environment.
Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. shall be the provider of choice for primary and preventive services offering comprehensive care of exceptional quality for all people on the Eastern Shore.
- Our work is characterized by quality, integrity, teamwork and communication.
- Our relationships with patients demonstrate respect, compassion and confidentiality.
- We strive for the empowerment of patients and colleagues as our partners in improving the quality of our community, our health and our lives.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
At Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our goal is to create a team that values each individual’s ideas and contributions. By accepting our differences and treating everyone with respect, we’re able to enrich the lives of the people and community we serve.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that make our employees unique.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a business imperative for our organization and is part of who we are. Our initiatives include:
- Educating all of our staff, to include Leadership and Board members, in diversity awareness, unconscious bias, respect and inclusion and avoiding stereotypes.
- Equipping our managers with the tools and resources needed to develop the skills necessary to grow and nurture a diverse
- Elevating our commitment in creating a diverse and just organization by ensuring our policies and practices on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, and professional development and training, are inclusive and
- Empowering our employees to work with our patients to address social determinants of
- Engaging and promoting employee participation in the diversity
Board of Directors
- Jeff Holland – President
- Dr. Betty Bibbins – Vice President
- Alice Jones – Secretary
- Robert Kerns – Treasurer
- Denise Bland – Past President
- Luther Byrd
- Keith Colonna
- Dr. Arthur Fournier
- Garnett Kellam
- Sheila Kerpelman
- Marisa Sanchez
- Dr. John Schulz
- John Sparkman
- William Sturgis
2021 Board Meeting Schedule
All meetings begin at 5 p.m. and are held at the Onley Community Health Center unless noted. The public is welcome to attend. During COVID-19, board meetings are being held via Zoom/Microsoft Teams.
- January 26
- February 23
- March 23
- April 27
- May 25
- June 22
- July 27
- August 31
- September 28
- October 26
- November 16
- December 14