At Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our goal is to create a team that values each individual’s ideas and contributions. By accepting our differences and treating everyone with respect, we’re able to enrich the lives of the people and community we serve.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that make our employees unique.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a business imperative for our organization and is part of who we are. Our initiatives include:
- Educating all of our staff, to include Leadership and Board members, in diversity awareness, unconscious bias, respect and inclusion and avoiding stereotypes.
- Equipping our managers with the tools and resources needed to develop the skills necessary to grow and nurture a diverse
- Elevating our commitment in creating a diverse and just organization by ensuring our policies and practices on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, and professional development and training, are inclusive and
- Empowering our employees to work with our patients to address social determinants of
- Engaging and promoting employee participation in the diversity