The PreventT2 lifestyle change program is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This program will help you make modest lifestyle changes and cut your risk of type 2 diabetes by more than half. The program is FREE to all of our pre-diabetic patients.
This program begins Wednesday January 12, 2022, and will be held virtually via Teams. Please call your Rural Health center to enroll – call Atlantic (757-824-5676), Chincoteague (757-336-3682), Eastville (757-331-1086), or Onley (757-787-7374) and ask for the health educator.
WITH THE PreventT2 PROGRAM YOU GET:
- A CDC-approved curriculum.
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress.
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you.
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you in a fun and meaningful way.
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 6 months, then meetings every other week for two months, followed by monthly meetings for the final 6 months.