- Flu Shot Availability:
- Atlantic Community Health Center - beginning Oct. 1 flu shot clinics will be held every Monday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and every Friday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Walk ins accepted at other times but there may be a wait.
- Bayview Community Health Center - walk ins accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Chincoteague Island Community Health Center - walk ins accepted Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Franktown Community Health Center - flu shots will be given by appointment Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Onley Community Health Center - flu shot clinics will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and 22. Walk ins accepted other days but there may be a wait.
- Beginning Oct. 1, 2013, many Americans will have access to affordable health insurance through the new Health Insurance Marketplace. Rural Health is working to help Eastern Shore of Virginia residents evaluate options and enroll in affordable private health insurance plans through the Marketplace.
- Want to make an appointment with our experts? Call:
- Megan @ Bayview & Franktown @ 442-4819 x362
- Allison @ Atlantic & Chincoteague @ 824-5676 x637
- Ellen @ Onley @ 787-7374 x767
- Like us on Facebook to stay informed with ESRHS and your medical/dental community!
Who We Are
More than Just a Doctor's Office....Your "Medical Home"
Serving Virginia's Eastern Shore with five medical centers and three dental locations from Chincoteague Island to Cape Charles, Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc. (ESRHS), is the medical provider of choice for more than half the Eastern Shore community's population. All ESRHS centers are open Monday - Friday with evening hours available including 10-hour days at the Onley center. ESRHS is open on Saturday mornings year-round at the Onley center and seasonally at Chincoteague.
In addition to primary medical and dental services, ESRHS offer health education, pharmacy assistance, digital x-ray, labwork, travel immunizations and much, much more. In partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, ESRHS is able to offer toll passes for qualifying residents who have a medical visit with a specialist. ESRHS' electronic health records system means you can be seen at any ESRHS center and the staff will have your complete medical history.
ESRHS' highly qualified clinicians offer compassionate, dedicated care for their patients. At ESRHS you are more than just a medical chart, you're a part of a family-oriented medical home.
In one year's time 28,483 people chose one of Rural Health's five medical locations or four dental locations for their healthcare needs. We provided 92,712 medical and 13,606 dental visits. This past fiscal year, 29% of Rural Health patients had private insurance; 19% had Medicaid; 14% had Medicare; and 38% were uninsured.
What We Do
ESRHS provides medical and dental care to residents of all ages. Our centers are equipped with emergency/urgent care treatment rooms, labs and 3 centers offer x-rays.
ESRHS accepts most major medical and dental insurances. A sliding fee scale is available to patients without insurance coverage or who are underinsured.
In addition to providing primary medical and dental care, as "more than just a doctor's office", ESRHS offers pharmacy assistance, health education, and interpretation services at all our centers, at no cost to our patients. We continue to partner with Accomack County Public Schools to offer dental services on the campuses of two elementary schools. ESRHS was selected by the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel (CBBT) Commission to administer a medical toll program, which allows low-income residents with medical referrals free travel to the Hampton Roads area. Click on the "Current Programs" and "Fast Facts" links on the left for more information about our programs and services.
ESRHS is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
Make a Donation
2012 Annual Report
Website by The Custom Web Design Company
A Service of Dawson Resources, LLC
© 2007 Eastern Shore Rural Health. All Rights Reserved